Little Rock – Arkansas’s advanced energy business leaders, utility executives, policy makers and regulators, and other industry stakeholders will meet Tuesday, October 9, to examine critical advanced energy policy issues and to recognize innovative industry leaders at emPOWERing Arkansas 2018, the Arkansas Advanced Energy Association’s 7th annual meeting and policy conference.
“Arkansas’s advanced energy leaders are playing a key role in our state’s economy as more Arkansas businesses, households and communities seek the benefits of advanced energy technologies and services,” AAEA Executive Director Katie Laning Niebaum said. “Arkansas has seen a growing adoption of advanced energy resources in a few short years and has the potential to significantly ramp up deployments in the immediate future.”
- With Election Day around the corner, AAEA invited candidates for Governor and the Second Congressional District to deliver remarks and will welcome Gov. Asa Hutchinson, Mr. Jared Henderson, Congressman French Hill and Rep. Clarke Tucker as special guest speakers.
- Keynote luncheon speaker David Wilhelm of Hecate Energy, a developer of large-scale renewable energy projects around the globe, will draw on his experience across the worlds of energy, finance and politics and deliver remarks on market and policy trends impacting the energy sector.
- Three in-depth panel discussions will explore the growing demand for advanced energy in Arkansas; innovative energy efficiency initiatives at work in the state; and the landscape for emerging technologies, including storage, led by Arkansas Public Service Commission Chairman Ted Thomas.
- The 2018 Arkansas Advanced Energy Awards finalists will be recognized and the winners announced during the luncheon program (finalists listed below).
- Powers of Arkansas, Entegrity and Today’s Power are event sponsors.
Media is invited to attend . Registration is requested in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org, or (501) 537-0190.
emPOWERing Arkansas 2018:
AAEA’s 7th Annual Meeting & Policy Conference
Presented by Powers of Arkansas
Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Heifer International, 1 World Avenue in Little Rock
10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
10:30 – 10:45 a.m.
Welcome Remarks, Katie Laning Niebaum, Executive Director, AAEA
10:45 – 11:45 a.m.
The Rising Demand for Advanced Energy:A Conversation with Arkansas Advanced Energy Buyers, presented by Clear Energy
Dr. Michael Hester, Superintendent, Batesville School District
A.J. Hood, Farmer/Farm Manager, Tillar & Company
Mark Lundy, Director, South Arkansas Telephone Co.
Dr. Douglas Hutchings, CEO, Picasolar, moderator
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Lunch Program, presented by AOG and OG&E
Arkansas Advanced Energy Awards, presented by Insurica
Keynote Remarks, David Wilhelm, Partner, Hecate Energy
1:45 – 2:45 p.m.
Emergence of New Technologies: Spotlight on Storage & Other Distributed Energy Resources
Lamar Davis, Executive Director of Government & Regulatory Affairs, MISO
Andrew Owens, Director of Regulatory Research, Entergy Corp.
Ted Thomas, Chairman, Arkansas Public Service Commission, moderator
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. Networking Break
3:00 – 3:50 p.m.
Innovations in Energy Efficiency, presented by CLEAResult
Mark Cayce, General Manager, Ouachita Electric Cooperative Corp.
Sherry McCormack, Energy Efficiency Manager, SWEPCO
John Ware, Director of Energy Efficiency Programs, AOG
Keith Canfield, Portfolio Manager, CLEAResult, moderator
3:50 – 4:00 p.m.
Closing Remarks, Kelly Comer, Director of Policy & Corporate Relations, AAEA
Meet the 2018 Arkansas Advanced Energy Awards finalists:
Ron Bell Advanced Energy Leadership Award: Recognizing an individual with a strong record of outstanding and consistent contributions to Arkansas’s advanced energy industry, whose work is having a significant, sustainable impact on the industry.
- A.J. Hood, Farmer & Farm Manager, Tillar & Company
- Chris Ladner, Founding Partner, Entegrity
- Alan Mantooth, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
Rising Star Award: Recognizing a “rising star” within the industry for contributions to his/her organization and/or growing impact on the industry.
- Josh Davenport, Co-Founder & CEO, Seal Energy Solutions
- Jennah Denney, Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator, Today’s Power
- Nick Gorden, CEO, Shine Solar
- Parker Higgs, Director of Energy Engineering, Entegrity
- Alex Ray, Business Development Executive, Johnson Controls
Business Innovation Award: Recognizing an AAEA member company for courage, savvy and innovation to expand the market for its products and/or services.
- ACE Glass Manufacturing, Inc.
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Ozark Integrated Circuits
- Seal Energy Solutions
- Shine Solar
- Solar & Renewable Power Systems
- Today’s Power, Inc.
The Arkansas Advanced Energy Association (AAEA) is the business voice for advanced energy in Arkansas. AAEA is dedicated to growing Arkansas’s economy through expanded utilization of advanced energy technologies, including energy efficiency, demand response, natural gas electric generation, solar, wind, hydro, nuclear, electric vehicles, alternative fuels and smart grid. These are innovations that make our energy supply more secure, clean and affordable. Visit ArkansasAdvancedEnergy.com, and find us on Facebook and Twitter.